Friday, September 10, 2010

Last night after work

The sound of the tram passing by. National Gallery. Cobblestoned streets. Weather's getting colder.
Kaffebrenneriet, the café where the coffee isn't all that good but the atmosphere is very nice. It's National Coffee Day, some French guy is giving me a taste of the chocolate that they're making in the café. The smell of roasted coffee beans. I'm sipping my coffee, it tastes pretty good after all. I'm listening to music (Wovenhand) and reading my book - The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera - and it hits me: I should do this more often after a long day at work. The luxury of a book and a coffee in a cosy café when everyone else is bustling to get home from work and go grocery shopping and do chores. (Need to mention that I had to have a müsli snack on my way to the café - I simply do not function after work and before dinner. My stomach is empty, my head feels like cotton and I'm HUNGRY).
All the things I need to do after work can wait for half an hour.















Ph: Binka


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice thoughts on this